Chocolate Covered Candy Canes
What you will need:
- Peppermint candy canes (plastic removed)
- 1 cup of milk or semi-sweet premium chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons of cream (optional)
- Vanilla or caramel candy wafers (optional)
Make your candy canes:
- Melt the chocolate chips with the cream (optional) over low heat, stirring often to keep the chocolate from burning. The chocolate is done when there are no longer any lumps in the mixture.
- Hold the candy cane over the pan and spoon chocolate over the lower half of the candy cane or dip the top half of the candy cane into the chocolate. Place the candy cane onto a baking sheet to cool.
- Melt the wafers according to the package instructions and use a spoon to drizzle designs on the cooling chocolate.
- Once everything is completely solidified, wrap the candy canes to make a gift, or add them to a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
Too busy to make your own chocolate dipped candy canes? Drop by one of our stores to see if we have them in stock. If we don’t, feel free to make a request. We are always looking for new recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth!